Friday, September 14, 2012

NFL Week 2 Picks


Last week was a good first week in which I was 10-5 against the spread and 13-2 straight up.  If only the damn Saints would have won, my 7-team money-line parlay would have hit.  With Shirley’s birthday I did not get a chance to post a pick for last night, but on my honor (and the 3 or 4 people who asked me during the day who to pick) I had the Packers winning and covering.  Even though the Bears are still my Super Bowl pick (good word choice for a Jay Cutler team), the Packers were going to be too fired up last night to let that one get away.

 

GIANTS -7 over Buccaneers

The Bucs did not turn the ball over, but only had 258 yards of offense last week.  There will be turnovers and still not as much offense this week.  The Giants need to bounce back so as to not fall behind as all of the rest of the NFC is favored.

PATRIOTS -14 Cardinals

It’s so high… But the Cardinals are starting Kevin Kolb. At New England. Screw it, I’ll take the Patriots.

Vikings -1.5 over COLTS

Christian Ponder actually had a really nice game (20-27 270 yards no INT) and AP looked back to full strength.  Andrew Luck was decent, but unspectacular and their defense left something to be desired.

PANTHERS  +3 over Saints

New Orleans did not look good last week against RG3, and face another athletic/strong-arm quarterback in Cam Newton.  The Saints just do not seem as fluid without Sean Payton running things.  Home dogs were 3-1 win week one and I think that trend might continue here.

Chiefs +3 over BILLS

If you take out the pick-six and the punt return touchdown, that was only a 6-point loss by the Bills.  The Chiefs hung with the Falcons high powered attack for the first half, but ran out of ammo in the second half.  I think this is a pick-em game so I’ll take the points.

EAGLES -2 over Ravens

The Ravens looked really good last week and the Eagles looked really bad.  As we all know, in the NFL teams change drastically from week to week.  Vick will not play as badly and Flacco probably will not play as well.

Raiders -2.5 over DOLPHINS

Ryan Tannehill did not look good.  At all.  He is dangerously close to falling into the Weeden zone, and I’m definitely taking the Raiders to win this one.

BENGALS -7 Browns

The first week of picking against Brandon Weeden should have worked out, Michael Vick just tried to spoil it by matching Weeden pick-for-pick.  Dalton will be more cautious, and the Bengals’ defense will hound Weeden all day.

Texans -7 over JAGUARS

Usually, a touchdown underdog at home is the safe pick.  However, that team usually does not have Blaine Gabbert coming off possibly the most efficient game of his career.  I will have to see him put back-to-back solid games together for me to believe it.  The Texans look too good on defense for me to think it will happen this week

RAMS +3.5 over Redskins

RG3 can’t play that well in back-to-back starts right?  There’s also the home-dog trend in play, and I just feel like this will be a game decided by a field goal, so I’ll take the half-point.

SEAHAWKS +3 over Cowboys

Another home underdog, and another game that feels like it might be really close.  The Seahawks might have won last week had their receivers had some stick’em, and their defense is severely under-rated.  That, combined with the crazy home-field advantage leads me to worry about the ‘Boys in this one. 

Jets +5.5 over STEELERS  STEELERS -5.5 over Jets

“I don’t know about you, but the Steelers were much less than impressive Sunday night.  I do not think Big Ben is near healthy, and Mike Wallace did not look to be in top-form just yet.   Sanchez had one of his best games as a pro and like I said in my pre-season preview, I think the Tebow-Talk will motivate him to keep it up. “  That is what I had written until I saw that Darrelle Revis will not be playing.

CHARGERS -6 over Titans

The Chargers did not play that well last week but got the win due to some Oakland special teams’ errors.  Chris Johnson was held to just 4 yards rushing and the Titan Defense was picked apart by Tom Brady.  I think Phillip Rivers will do the same.

Lions +7 over 49ERS 

I feel like this line is just too high.  If it was made prior to last week’s games it would have been 2.5 or 3.  I think this is the same as the Ravens/Eagles game as one team played possibly as well as possible last week and the other played like crap.  I doubt Stafford goes back to back 4-INT games, so I’ll take the Lions and the points.

Broncos  +3 over FALCONS

The loss of Brent Grimes is severely detrimental to the Falcons’ secondary and don’t think Peyton Manning won’t exploit that.  Manning looked like he had not missed a beat and the Bronco defense was putting serious pressure on Roethlisberger all night.  I’ll take the Broncos on a last minute Vintage-Peyton Manning drive for the win.
 
Last week: 10-5
Season: 10-5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment