Friday, September 30, 2016

NFL Week 4 Picks

Last week was another profitable week for your boy as well as The Opposite Theory. My picks were five games above .500 while TOT eked out one game above even.
Either way, we are making money and TOT is strong. I’m a few more weeks of sample size from adding to TOT with some other factors, but I will get to those when they are ready.

Dolphins +7.5 over BENGALS
I had no feel for this game, so I just took the points and it backfired.

JAGUARS +3 over Colts
Jacksonville is technically the home team but this game is being played in London. These games are always finicky, as you never know how a team will make the long trip. I will take the points in what is a must-win for the Jaguars.

REDSKINS -7 over Browns
Cleveland was able to get by last week with Cody Kessler but I think that the initial emotion runs out. Throw in the Josh Gordon drama off the field, and I think Washington puts together back to back wins.

PATRIOTS -7 over Bills
This is the only line I could find, as the quarterback situation in New England is still a mystery. I’ve gotten to the point that I am taking Bill Belichick every week until otherwise noted.

JETS +3 over Seahawks
This is our first TOT game of the week as well as a home underdog. I also think something is not right with Russell Wilson’s ankle, and there is no way that the Jets can play as bad as they did offensively last week.

Panthers -3 over FALCONS
Carolina was absolutely blown out last week in a shocking turn of events. Atlanta had a huge road, division win and with a short week I think they are affected. Give me Cam Newton to show out in a rare TOT game for his team.

BEARS +3 over Lions
There are technically six home underdogs this week, and I’m taking the majority of them. Chicago looked terrible against Dallas. Brian Hoyer put up decent numbers, but most were in garbage time. Detroit has looked decent through the first few weeks, yet can’t get over the hump. I think that Jordan Howard rejuvenates the Bears offense and they get the upset.

Titans +4.5 over TEXANS
J.J. Watt has the most affect on a spread of any non-quarterback in football. This line moved a clear three points after he was announced out. I think this deflates the Texans and Jadaveon Clowney is just not ready to lead their defense.

RAVENS -3 over Raiders
Pretty much every pundit is saying that Baltimore is a fool’s gold 3-0 because of their schedule. You know what though, every year a team ends up in the playoffs because of an easier schedule. It’s not like the Ravens don’t have a recent pedigree of success or anything. I think everyone is sleeping on them and hoping that their pre-season darling Raiders show up. I am going the other way with it.

BUCCANEERS +3 over Broncos
Tampa Bay has looked terrible two weeks in a row while the Broncos have been somewhat dominant through all three games. I think both streaks end in this TOT game. Jameis puts up big numbers against a tough defense and gets his team a much-needed win.

49ERS +3 over Cowboys
Home underdog, with a TOT game, and a rookie quarterback on the road? I think I will go with the trends and not buy into the Dak Attack completely just yet.

CHARGERS -4 over Saints
New Orleans looks to be headed towards the Top-5 of the draft. They needed to be able to beat Atlanta at home, but they sit at 0-3 as they travel across the country to San Diego where Philip Rivers keeps turning lemons into lemonade.

CARDINALS -8 over Rams
Arizona has single-handedly killed more survivor pools than almost all the other teams combined this season. They will be heavily used again and I think they pull out the massive win. I mean, is Los Angeles a 3-1 team? Is Arizona a 1-3 team? I think the answer is no to both, and sprinkled a little TOT in while the Cardinals win by three touchdowns.

STEELERS -5 over Chiefs
Pittsburgh was completely embarrassed last weekend by a rookie quarterback. Not only did their defense get torn apart by Carson Wentz, but the offense could not even reach the end zone. I think Le’Veon Bell provides the spark they need in this TOT game.

Giants +5 over VIKINGS
This is a toss-up game to me. Minnesota is 3-0, but I just can’t see them as a 12+ win team. Meaning they will likely lose a couple of games in the next few weeks. Even if they pull out the win, I will take the value in New York and the points, along with TOT.

Best Bets: 5-4
Steelers -5, Chargers/Saints OVER 52.5, Panthers -3

10-Point Teaser of the Week: 8-1
Steelers +5, Chargers/Saints OVER 42.5, 49ers +13

Others I Like: 18-0
Redskins/Browns OVER 37, Redskins +3, Cardinals +2, Ravens/Raiders OVER 36, Buccaneers +13, Titans +14.5


This Week: 0-1
Last Week: 10-5-1
Overall: 29-18-1
TOT: 11-5-1

No comments:

Post a Comment