Sunday, December 14, 2014

NFL Week 15 Picks

            Alright, short write-up this week due to my lengthy pieceS for SKYLLZONE comparing building your fantasy team to the Rebels from Star Wars.  If you like Star Wars, it is definitely worth your time.  The Opposite Theory is still killing it with a 3-1 week, but this week will be huge with NINE games qualifying.  It will be a make or break week for the theory.
Cardinals +6 over RAMS
Arizona just knows how to hang around in games and let their defense do the work for them.  I really hope they sign Brett Favre or Tebow.
CHIEFS -10 over Raiders
TOT Game #1: The Raiders made Kaepernick look awful last week, and beat the Chiefs the last time around.  Kansas City is coming off a tough loss to Arizona and needs this game to stay in the playoff hunt.  I think they get their revenge.
Jaguars +14.5 over RAVENS
TOT Game #2: Jacksonville has been surprisingly frisky of late even though they did get beat handily by Houston last week.  I think Bortles connects on a few deep passes late against the worst secondary in the league for the backdoor cover.
Bengals +1.5 over BROWNS
TOT Game #3: If I did not have so many TOT games this week, I would go with the “Backup QB First Start” in this game.  Nevertheless, I need to stick with the trends and leave this as is.
Dolphins +7.5 over PATRIOTS
TOT Game #4: Once again, I would normally go with the fact that the Patriots have not gotten swept in the division since 2000, but I have to stick to the trend to maximize its value.  The Patriots should be in any and every teaser you play though.
Buccaneers +3.5 over PANTHERS
TOT Game #5: How many straight weeks can I pick the Bucs wrongly?
Redskins +7 over GIANTS
TOT Game #6: How many straight weeks can Washington buck the TOT trend?  This would be week three if they do.
Packers -4 over BILLS
TOT Game #7: This is a little bit of a reach since the Packers won and had it in hand most of the game, but they did not cover while the Bills lost a close one late to Denver.  This public is all over Green Bay which scares me, but once again, I have to stick to the theory.
FALCONS +2 over Steelers
Someone has to win the dreadful NFC South, so why not Atlanta making a stand at home?  I am also basing this on Julio Jones playing.  If he does not, then by all means go the other way.
Texans +7 over COLTS
The Colts have not looked great against other good teams this year, and the Texans have become a good team because of J.J. Watt.  The fact that he fights through TRIPLE teams and still makes plays is just insane.  Watch his “Mic’d Up” segment from last week.  It was pure awesomeness.
Vikings +7 over LIONS
Minnesota has covered three straight weeks and Teddy Bridgewater is starting to find his own.  I think that their defense is good enough to hold Detroit down enough to cover the touchdown.
TITANS +3 over Jets
So why are we giving points on the road with Geno Smith?
CHARGERS +4 over Broncos
San Diego absolutely needs this game.  Denver only needs this game if the Patriots slip up earlier in the day.  I don’t think the second happens, so I think San Diego comes out with the win.  Take the money line if you are going to take San Diego.
49ers +10 over SEAHAWKS
TOT Game #8: I hate this trend almost as much as I hate Kaepernick right now.
EAGLES -3 over Cowboys
TOT Game #9: The Cowboys needs this win to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs with the way the other contenders have been winning.  I think the pressure gets to the young offensive line and the defense will finally break, not just bend.
BEARS +3 over Saints
Both teams lost horribly last week, and both have been the biggest disappointments of the season.  I think it is high scoring so I will take the field goal of value.
10-Point Teaser of the Week:
Patriots +2.5, Seahawks PK, Bears/Saints OVER 43
Others I Like:
Bengals +11.5, Packers +6, Vikings +17, Texans +17, Seahawks/49ers UNDER 49, Cowboys Eagles OVER 44
Fantasy Sleeper of the Week: Marqise Lee, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
Over the last three weeks since Jacksonville’s bye week, Lee has had at least 50 yards and 5 targets.  He has had 8 targets each of the last two weeks scoring 32.2 points over that span.  I think he is starting to figure it out, and like I said earlier there will be garbage points aplenty in this game.

This Week: 1-0
Last Week: 8-8
Overall: 102-75

TOT: 25-11

No comments:

Post a Comment