Friday, October 11, 2013

NFL Week 6 Picks

A strong 9-5 week brings me back into the green/black, and I really don’t have much to say about the best NFL game I have ever witnessed, other than if you think Tony Romo is to blame then you are ignorant to the game of football.
CHIEFS -9.5 over Raiders
This line seemed pretty high, until I looked at one key factor: the defenses that Oakland has faced.  Denver, Washington, San Diego, and Philly all rank in the bottom 6 in the league in defense, while the Chiefs have arguably the best unit in the league.  Terrelle Pryor comes back to earth in a blowout.
BUCCANEERS +3 over Eagles
Desean Jackson thinks he will just run past Revis Island, but he’s got another thing coming.  Nick Foles is not the prototypical Chip Kelly quarterback, and the Eagles sieve of a run defense will yield huge gains to Doug Martin.
RAVENS +3.5 over Packers
Torrey Smith looks to have finally broken out, and with no Clay Matthews the Green Bay defense will be vulnerable.  I think this turns into a shootout, so I like the half point of value for the home-dog.
BROWNS +3.5 over Lions
The Browns are on a three-game winning streak, with two of the wins by double digits and two against playoff teams from last year.  Their defense is legit, and Josh Gordon adds a deep threat to loosen the opposing defense off of a decent offensive line and a resurgent Willis McGahee.  I have totally talked myself into this team competing for the playoffs.
Panthers +3.5 over VIKINGS
EVERYONE was on Carolina last week to beat the Cardinals.. so they went out and lost by two touchdowns.  That is why I think they will bounce back this week, against a possible Adrian Peterson-less Vikings squad.
Rams +7.5 over TEXANS       
Are there really people laying more than a touchdown with the confidence-shot Matt Schaub?  I mean Houston may win this going away because the Rams are terrible, but I just refuse to give up that many points with Mr. Pick-Six.
JETS +3 over Steelers
So Pittsburgh is 0-5, but favored by a field goal, on the road, against a team that is 3-2.  I know that the Jets’ wins aren’t exactly spectacular, but the Steelers have looked really bad.  By this line, the Steelers would be favored by almost 10 points were this game in Pittsburgh.  That is just ridiculous right now, so I will take the value.
Bengals -6.5 over BILLS
The one time to not take the points with a home dog?  When they are starting a quarterback from Duke off of their practice squad.  Thad Lewis already showed that he is not an NFL-caliber starting quarterback, and now he will get to meet Geno Atkins.  Good luck Mr. Lewis.
Titans +14 over SEAHAWKS
I should not take Tennessee, because I do not think they can win the game.  However, I think their defense will keep it close, and two touchdowns just feels like too much.  I already hate this pick.
BRONCOS -27.5 over Jaguars
I don’t even know what to say… this line is just ridiculous, yet fair at the same time.  I don’t even know which way to tease it; I mean do you want to tease a team to 17.5?  I’ll just pick Denver to shut them out and score more than 30.
49ERS -10 over Cardinals
Going back to a theory I came up with last year about mediocre teams in the NFL: when they look really good/bad one week, they will look the opposite the next.  I used that theory for the Cardinals’ opponent last week, and will use it on them as well.
PATRIOTS -2 over Saints
The status of Gronk could still be in question, so I would not make the pick until that is known.  If he starts, I would take New England; if he does not, I would take the Saints.
Redskins +6 over COWBOYS
Dallas showed last week that their Tampa-DooDoo defense cannot stop anyone.  This could escalate to the epic score proportions of last week, so getting almost a touchdown feels safe.
CHARGERS +1.5 over Colts
The Colts are not a 12-win team, and if you look at their schedule, they only have two really tough games left against Denver and Kansas City.  This will be one of their upsets, as they look ahead a bit too much to Peyton’s homecoming next weekend.

10-Point Teaser of the Week:
Redskins +16, Redskins/Cowboys OVER 41, Patriots +8
Others I Like:
Chiefs +0.5, Broncos/Jaguars OVER 43, Packers/Ravens OVER 37, Panthers +13.5, 49ers PK, Bengals +3.5

Last Week: 9-5
Overall: 40-38-3

No comments:

Post a Comment