Thursday, October 4, 2012

NFL Week 5 Picks


Another above .500 record last week at 8-6, but if you looked at any one of the EIGHT teaser options, then you won because they all hit.  I’ll be in Lubbock for the Tech/OU game so I’m just going to do a quick pick set today.

 

RAMS +3 over Cardinals

This line has moved from 1 just today, so I’ll take the value.

Falcons -3 over REDSKINS

Matt Ryan and Roddy White are on fire.

Eagles +3 over STEELERS

Philly has just been finding ways to win, and I’m still not sold on the Steelers.

COLTS +7 over Packers

I think Green Bay will win, but a home-dog giving a touchdown has too many trends to not take.

GIANTS -9 over Browns

I’ll tease this a whole bunch, but I do think the Giants play with a vengeance. 

Titans +6 over VIKINGS

Feels like a field goal-game, and Hasselbeck could rejuvenate the Titans; Chris Johnson already looked it last week.

Dolphins +3 over BENGALS

I just have a feeling about Miami in this one.

Ravens -6 over CHIEFS

If it gets to 7, I might sway the other way, but the Ravens have had 10 days to prepare for KC.

Seahawks +3 over PANTHERS

Feels like a close game, so I’ll take the points.

Bears -5 over JAGUARS

I have been saying Chicago is good since the pre-season, now others will follow.

Broncos +7 over PATRIOTS

I will take a late backdoor cover from Peyton.

49ERS -9.5 over Bills

If it gets to 10, I might swap, but the Bills defense is atrocious.

San Diego +3.5 over SAINTS

New Orleans just is not that good.  But a 3-1 team getting more than a field goal against an 0-4 team? I will take that to the bank.

JETS +8 over Texans

An overreaction line to last week.  The Jets will keep it close.

 

Bonus College Pick:

Tech +6 over OU

I am a homer, but I really think the Jones will be rockin’ for this one.

 

10-Point Teaser of the Week:

49ers +.5, Giants +1, Falcons +7

Also like: Falcons/Redskins over 40, Eagles/Steelers under 54, Ravens +4, Bears +5, Broncos/Patriots over 42, Chargers/Saints over 44

 

Last Week: 8-6

Overall: 34-25-2

No comments:

Post a Comment